It’s February, the month for lovers! What better than one of the best chocolate cakes to share. The addition of mashed banana make it really moist. The buttermilk makes the cake rich but not too sweet… dare I say… the perfect match!
Right out of the oven…
The glorious drizzle of caramel to finish…
Who could resist? Enjoy!
|CHOCOLATE BANANA CAKE with Chocolate Ganache and Caramel Drizzle||
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 Tbsp milk
- ½ cup caramel sauce (store bought or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Grease and dust 10 cup Bundt pan with extra cocoa powder.
- In a bowl mix banana with lemon juice. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat oil and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla.
- Blend in flour and buttermilk in two additions. Fold in bananas and chocolate chips.
- Bake 55 minutes. Cool in pan for 30 minutes, then turn out onto cake a cake plate.
- To make ganache: place chocolate chips and milk in a microwave dish. Cook on high for 1 minute. Whisk until smooth. Pour over cake. Drizzle with caramel sauce.