Emily Richard’s Grilled Corn, Potato and Bean Salad
This is yummy salad is from our new Summer issue. Many thanks to Emily for letting us share one of the great recipes from her latest book: Get in the Kitchen and COOK! The recipes are simple, healthy and delicious – great for a quick summer meal.
|Grilled Corn, Potato and Bean Salad|
Get your local produce fixins at the market for this tasty and colourful salad. Summer brings tons of colour and flavour to the kitchen so enjoy it! For a slight crunch to the potatoes, after boiling; toss them in a bit of oil and grill over medium high heat until golden brown and crispy.
- 4 cobs corn, shucked
- 1-1/2 lbs mini new potatoes
- 8 oz green beans, trimmed
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 Tbsp EACH extra virgin olive oil and cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp sundried tomato, drained, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place corn on greased grill over medium high heat; close lid and cook turning occasionally for about 10 minutes or until golden. Remove to cutting board. When cool enough to handle, cut corn
- kernels off the cob and place in bowl.
- Meanwhile, bring potatoes to boil in a pot of water. Boil for 15 minutes or until tender when pierced but not falling apart. Remove to cutting board. Add green onions to boiling water and cook 5 minutes. Drain, cut in half; set aside.
- Cut potatoes in half or quarters, add to bowl with corn. Add green beans, tomato and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar,
- sundried tomatoes, garlic, mustard and salt. Pour over potato mixture and toss gently to coat.