Chocolate Chip Zucchini Loaf
Always trying to get your kids to eat more vegetables? Hide them! This yummy loaf is so moist and chocolatey, they will never notice all the zucchini goodness.
Perfect with tea in the afternoon or when the meal calls for a ‘not-too-sweet’ finale. Easy and fool proof, it’s great to whip up when friends drop by. This time I left the chopped pecans out of the loaf pictured – The Mr. can’t eat nuts. It was just as yummy – a real winner!
|Chocolate Chip Zucchini Loaf|
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cup zucchini, grated
- 1-1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large bowl, beat egg and mayo until blended well. In another bowl, mix in all remaining ingredients. Add to zucchini until just moistened.
- Pour into a 8” x 4” greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Cool on wire rack.