Hot Coffee Side Ribs
These ‘gooey good ribs’ are from our friends at Ontario Pork Producers.
|Hot Coffee Side Ribs|
- 2 Ontario pork side ribs,
- about 5 lbs/2.5 kg
- 2 limes, cut into thin slices
- HOT COFFEE BARBECUE SAUCE
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 large (or two small) shallots
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp hot chile sauce (or Tabasco)
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Place ribs on a baking tray, meaty side up.
- Place sliced limes over surface of ribs. Add 2 cups hot water to tray.
- Cover with foil and place in oven for about 2 hours, or until meat is easily pierced with a thin knife and begins to pull away from the bones. Remove ribs from the oven. At this stage the ribs can be cooled,
- covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Preheat grill to medium low or oven to 325°F (160°C). Place ribs on grill or in oven and brush generously with sauce. Turn and brush frequently until ribs have become a rich dark brown, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with plenty of paper
- towels for your guests. Makes 4-6 servings.
- HOT COFFEE BARBECUE SAUCE: Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until sauce becomes a bit syrupy. The sauce can be cooled, covered and refrigerated for up to a week. It can also be used for back ribs or country style ribs.
For more great pork recipes just click here!