HOLIDAY 2013 ISSUE – Party Appetizers
When we start to think about planning a holiday party, the appetizers are a great place to start. Here are a few fabulous new bites to try. They are all made delicious with the main ingredient… pork!
See the complete story in our HOLIDAY 2013 issue.
|SPICED PORK IN PARMESAN CUPS|
- 1 lb (500 g) ground pork
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1-398 mL can tomato sauce
- 1 cup coarsely grated Parmesan
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- Mini Tartlet Pan
- TO MAKE CUPS:
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment. With a pencil, draw 3” circles on the parchment. Spread 2 tsp of grated Parmesan to fill each circle.
- Bake for 2-3 minutes or until just lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool 1-2 minutes. To make bowls, carefully lift each warm circle off the parchment with a spatula and press into a mini-tarlet pan to form a cup.
- Allow them to cool.
- TO MAKE FILLING:
- In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, sauté pork and onions, breaking up with the side of a spoon to make a small crumble. Add oregano, basil,
- parsley and continue until pork is cooked through. Stir in tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- TO ASSEMBLE:
- Into each Parmesan cup, add a few arugula leaves and top with a Tbsp of pork mixture.