Let’s introduce you to quinoa…
In our Spring issue, we introduce you to some great super grains – rye berries, barley and quinoa. Here is another quinoa recipe that we developed with lots of protein and fresh flavours. See lots of other super grain suggestions in the latest issue of EIEO Spring magazine.
|Quinoa Salad with Beets, Oranges and Goats Cheese|
- 1 cup beets (cooked, trimmed and chopped or canned, chopped or frozen, defrosted and chopped)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup Quinoa (3 cups cooked)
- 1/4 cup mandarin orange juice (reserved)
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 can mandarin orange segments (reserve liquid as above)
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts (optional)
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Cook Quinoa as per package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Combine oil, orange juice, vinegar and honey in a bowl. Whisk to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour over Quinoa. Add orange segments and pistachios (if using). Season with Salt and pepper.
- Add beets and goats cheese. Toss very little to avoid colour transfer.