So moist and yummy – Applesauce Cake with Caramel Glaze
Let’s face it, you need a go-to Bundt cake. One you can depend on to be perfect very time. This is a great one – who doesn’t love apples and caramel?
Applesauce Cake with Caramel Glaze
2 cups flour
1-1.2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper, finely ground
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground allspice
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce (I use homemade)
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
4 Tbsp butter, cut into chunks
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Butter and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan. Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, pepper and spices. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl (or stand mixer bowl), beet eggs with both sugars until light.Mix in applesauce, oil and vanilla until smooth.
3. Fold in dry ingredients, do not over-mix. Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake about 45 minutes. Cook cake for 10 minutes and turn out on to plate to let cool completely.
4. Put butter, brown sugar, cream and salt in a saucepan. Bring to full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute and then remove from heat. Let cool for 2 minutes.
5. Gradually whisk in the icing sugar until you have a thick, pourable consistency. pour over cake. Let set before serving cake.