This Chicken Burger is the only recipe you’ll need this summer
Looking for the perfect chicken burger that’s delicious, moist and truly epic? Look no further, I did all the legwork for you… behold the All-Time Best Chicken Burger. You can cook this baby on the grill, on the stove or in the oven – a perfect recipe to go-to all year ’round.
This burger has a real summer feel with the mango chutney and crunch of cold slaw. If you need a bit of ‘kick’ in your burgers, go ahead and add as much hot sauce as you like to the mix.
The perfect chicken burger is not just about the toppings, the flavour in the patty is a real deal breaker. This one delivers, big time. Even if you are a person that prefers your burger plain and simple, I guarantee this recipe is for you. It is moist and totally delicious, all on it’s own. No chicken in the fridge? No Problem. This recipe is just as good made with fresh ground turkey.
Just in case you still need more burger recipes, here’s my list of 10 Top Summer Burger Recipes… Enjoy!
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, peeled, cored and grated
- ½ cup green onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1lb. ground chicken or turkey
- ½ tsp EACH salt, pepper and dried tarragon
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup mango chutney + more for topping
- 8 marble cheddar cheese slices
- assorted micro greens (optional)
- ¾ cup cold slaw
- 4 hamburger buns
- Heat oil in a fry pan over medium-high heat, add celery, apples, green onions and garlic and sauté until tender.
- Add turkey to a large bowl along with sautéed mixture, salt, pepper, tarragon, lemon juice, parsley and mango chutney. Mix well. Shape into 4 burger patties. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Cook on medium high grill 7-10 minutes per side or in 375ºF oven about 20 minutes until internal temperature reaches 160ºF. Top with 2 slices of marble cheddar and allow to melt a bit.
- On bottom half of burger bun, place assorted greens (optional), cold slaw, burger patty, more mango chutney and top of bun.