I just love watermelon on a hot summer day. Who knew it was so versatile! Check out this cool cocktail as well Lavender Granita, Rock Lobster Tacos and more in the current issue.
Designated by the International Bartenders Association (IBA) as an IBA Official Cocktail and considered Brazil’s national cocktail, the caipirinha is a celebrated beverage. This summer add watermelon to create the perfect party sip. In this refreshing creation, the distinct flavours of lime, ginger and tarragon are beautifully complemented by the sweet taste of watermelon to create a delectable drink that is best served cold on a hot day!
- 1 lime
- 5 quarter-sized slices ginger
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sugar
- 6 chopped mint leaves
- 2 oz (56.8 mL) watermelon purée
- 2 oz (56.8 mL) cachaça
- 1 oz (56.8 mL) grenadine
- Muddle lime, ginger, sugar and mint and transfer to a martini shaker. Add watermelon purée, grenadine, cachaça and ice. Shake. Pour into a glass and serve. Makes one cocktail.
- TIP: Vodka or rum can be used in place of cachaça.
- SOURCE: National Watermelon Promotion Board.
More recipes with watermelon? Just click!