Three times the chocolate means three times the fun!
These cookies are perfect for the chocolate lover – like me. Rich cocoa in the cookie base, chunks of dark chocolate and a pop of hazelnut-chocolate Nutella… yum! Not that soft, they are crispy and delicious. If you don’t have macadamia nuts, which are awesome, you can substitute pecans or walnuts. I would recommend you watch them closely while baking, taking care not to over-bake.
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1-1/2 cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup 70% chococlate, chopped
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- ⅓ cup Nutella, chilled for one hour
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugars until pale and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, and beat to combine.
- Whisk together flour and baking soda. Slowly fold into butter mixture.
- Once combined, add chocolate and macadamia nuts and mix through dough. Dough will be firm.
- Flatten a tablespoon of dough in the palm of your hand. Spoon a little of the chilled Nutella into the centre and fold the dough closed, sealing the Nutella inside.
- Place on baking sheets and press down slighly. Bake for 17-20 minutes until just set.