Busy Week? Weeknight Buffalo Turkey Tacos take advantage of leftovers and simple pantry items so dinner is on the table in just 15 minutes!
Looking for a recipe that is simple, nutritious and ready-to-eat when life gets too busy to cook? How about tacos? These Weeknight Buffalo Turkey Tacos are the perfect thing. Packed with fresh and healthy ingredients, they are a great go-to meal when you’re on the run!
Jamie Oliver says it perfectly: “Tacos are crunchy, messy and great fun to eat, so it’s no wonder they’re a big hit with the kids. They’re also easy to make – more of an assembly job than a recipe. ”. Totally true. I’ve tried several tacos recipes here on The Blog: Tex-Mex Tacos with Sriracha Mayo or Fresh and Spicy Shrimp Tacos, but these Weeknight Buffalo Turkey Tacos are my favourite! The sauce and the leftover turkey can be mixed up in no time flat, or make ahead and pack away in the refrigerator. Then when you’re ready to eat, just chop up an avocado, celery and carrot and you’re ready to assemble a delicious meal!
If you don’t have any leftover turkey, no worries… just use fresh turkey breast or leg. Chop into cubes, cook in a pan over medium-hi heat and you’re ready to go. Toss in a bowl with buffalo wing sauce and some fresh cilantro. Store in refrigerator, or assemble tacos and eat right away!
The Cilantro Sauce in this recipe is well, awesome. See it featured again in a ‘Summer DIPS” post coming in June. It’s really simple, yet packed with flavour. The perfect compliment to tacos, raw veggies or topping for a barbecued burger.
Did you miss the launch of the SPRING/SUMMER 2016 issue of EatInEatOut™ Magazine this week? It’s all about HEALTHY EATING. We’ve come up with tons of simple tasty family meals that use local fresh produce. Think strawberries, blackberries, tomatoes, peas, plums, blueberries…
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast (about 1 large breast)
- ⅔ cup buffalo wing sauce (like Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4-6 flour tortillas
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, diced
- 1 cup slivered carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- ⅔ cup crumbled feta cheese
- optional toppings: chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, lime wedges
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp milk (or more to achieve desired consistency)
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- In a bowl, mix cooked turkey, buffalo wing sauce and cilantro. Refrigerate until ready to assemble tacos.
- To make Cilantro Dressing: mix all ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to assemble tacos.
- To assemble: Fill a tortilla with lettuce, Buffalo Turkey*, avocados, carrot, celery and feta cheese. Drizzle with Cilantro Lime Dressing and garnish with optional fresh cilantro, green onions and a wedge of lime.
- *NOTE: Buffalo Turkey can be warmed a bit or served cold.