A PB & J Parfait is perfect way to start the day
The best way to start every day is with a good, healthy breakfast (mom was right!) that will keep your body and mind fueled up until lunchtime. Break your fast with this healthy, on-the-go, easy to make recipe… your belly will thank you.
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt mixed
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- Handful of fresh berries
- 2 tablespoons large flake oats
- 1 tablespoon mixed nuts & seeds (if desired)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt with vanilla and chia seeds; set aside. Spoon nut butter into a jar or small, deep bowl, and spread evenly. Top with half of the yogurt mixture, half of the berries, and half of the oats. Repeat the layers first with the remaining yogurt mixture, the oats, and then the berries; add the nuts and seeds, if using, and then the milk.
- This parfait can be made a day or two ahead of time and kept in the fridge. Leaving overnight will allow some of the liquids to soak into the oats, creating more of a cooked oatmeal consistency, and making it in a jar gives you the benefit of a take-along breakfast.