Settle back into the final days of summer with this super-fast weeknight supper.
Starting to feel the rush of back-to-school? Cool down, you still have 10 days left! What you need is a simple time-saving recipe to get you away from the stove and back outside enjoying what’s left of the summer. This 15-Minute Asian Turkey Zoodles recipe is the bomb! Not only does it take advantage of my favourite local in-season veggie – zucchini – it comes together in 15 to 30 minutes. No time to waste, let’s get started…
It’s amazing what glorious flavour can come out of just a few simple ingredients. The Asian ingredients for this simple sauce should be staples in every home cook’s pantry, right? Stir sauce together in a flash, add a protein, a few simple veggies and you’ve got an amazing meal.
The veggies I’ve used in this dish can easily be swapped out. No carrots? Red bell pepper would work as well. Not a zucchini fan? Try making sweet potato zoodles! No sesame seeds? Sprinkle on some chopped peanuts or cashews.
Also, to get the zucchini noodles, you have to use a ‘spiralizer”. Here is one of my post for Zucchini Rainbow Salad where I go into more detail about the one I use.
NOTE: No cooked leftover turkey? No problem. Start with a raw turkey breast and it cut into bite-sized cubes. Sauté with 1 Tbsp canola oil over mid-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside and start recipe from the top. Still done in less than 30 minutes! Enjoy!!
15 Minute Asian Turkey ZoodlesEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sriracha, optional
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, julienned or spiralized
- 1 cup cooked turkey, cubed
- 2 cups zucchini, spiralized (about 1 large)
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk water, soy sauce, garlic, rice vinegar, sugar, sriracha (if using) and sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and carrots and cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes.
- Add sauce and cook for 30 seconds. Add chicken and zucchini zoodles to the pan and cook, tossing for about 2 minutes to just slightly soften zucchini. Serve immediately sprinkled with sesame seeds.
This post is part of a paid sponsored series with CanadianTurkey.ca. As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.