Cook. Freeze. Make 4 great meals in a snap!
When it comes to make-ahead meal planning, the freezer is your best friend. All you have to do is cook up some ground beef with a few simple add-ins, then tuck it away in freezer bags and you’re half way to 4 great meals!
Everyone loves Mexican dishes… right? This Big Batch Tex-Mex Beef is the perfect base for so many weeknight suppers:
stuffed zucchini or peppers
soups, stews and so much more!
Cooking up 4 lbs. of ground beef makes 16 cups of base Big Batch Tex-Mex Beef. From there it’s easy to freeze it on trays and then pack up into 4 zipper bags of 4 cups each. That way you can pull out a bag and make a great meal in minutes! Just a quick thaw in the microwave, or add frozen to hot soups or stews. It’s that simple.
Big Batch Tex-Mex BeefEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 4 lbs 2 kg Extra Lean or Lean Ground Beef
- 4 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp coriander
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups corn, frozen or canned
- Cook ground beef and spices in Dutch oven over medium-high heat for 9 to 10 minutes, breaking into small chunks with back of spoon, until browned and completely cooked. Drain well, and return to pot.
- Add bell peppers and onions, simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until vegetables are softened. Add corn and heat through 1-2 minutes.
- Spread mixture in a single layer on several foil or parchment paper-lined baking trays; freeze just until meat is firm, about 1 hour.
- Loosen beef mixture into chunks; scoop meal-sized portions into freezer bags. Freeze for up to 3 months.