Let’s take a kid’s favourite up a notch with Hawaiian BBQ Turkey Pizza
What do the kids always want? Pizza! It’s everyone’s go-to dinner. Delicious and fast. But why call for takeout when you can make a great pizza at home? Here is a totally nummy Hawaiian BBQ Turkey Pizza that both kids and adults will love. What a great recipe for Super Bowl weekend, Father’s Day for kid’s birthday parties.
See how we made them over pizza, chili and nuggets for Mom & Dad in the Fall 2013 issue of EatInEatOut magazine.
- 18-inch store-bought crust, ﬂatbread or 680g pizza dough
- 1 lb turkey breast, cut into thin bite-sized slices
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sweet red pepper, sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella or provolone cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Lightly coat a skillet with cooking spray;heat to medium-high. Cook turkey until no longer pink, 3-4 minutes.NOTE: If you like your vegetables soft, add red peppers and mush-rooms and cook for a few minutes to soften.
- If using pizza dough, bring to room temperature for 30 minutes.Place on a lightly ﬂoured surface. Stretch dough out onto lightly oiled backing sheet or round pizza pan.
- Top crust with BBQ sauce, turkey, pineapple, mushrooms, red pepper and onions. Top with cheese. Bake for about 15 - 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is crispy and golden.