Make ahead, chill and serve…
This Moroccan Spice-Rubbed Turkey Thai Noodle Salad is the perfect weeknight meal solution.
This basic spice rub is an awesome recipe. The turkey breasts can be grilled well in advance, served hot or packed way in the fridge to make salad or sandwiches. Check out our feature on page 26 of the Summer 2014 issue of EIEO Magazine!.
So easy to assemble the rest of this salad – in a flash – the next day. Who does not love the added twist of watermelon? Fresh, clean and refreshing flavour … pure summer!
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 boneless, skinless turkey breasts
- 1 (240g) pkg rice vermicelli noodles
- ½ English cucumber, sliced thinly
- 3 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 /2 red onion, sliced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl to create a dry rub. Massage the dry rub liberally all over the turkey breasts.
- Grill over medium-high heat approximately minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer reads 170ºF (77ºC). Remove to cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Refrigerate.
- Combine ¼ cup fresh lime juice, 2 Tbsp sugar and 1 Tbsp canola oil in a small bowl.
- Cook noodles as per package instructions. Let cool.
- Thinly slice cold Moroccan Spice-Rubbed Turkey Breasts.
- In a large bowl toss cool noodles with dressing, cucumber, watermelon and red onions. Place slices of turkey on top. Sprinkle with cilantro and fresh ground pepper.