Any really great summer BBQ calls out for some really great finger food!
I love, love love these sliders! For one thing, I love anything small, I can eat with my hands. Makes life so simple. For a second thing, after a month or two into a long hot summer, I really can’t look at another meaty burger. Time to change it up, bring on the seafood! What could be easier that grilling up a batch of these finger-food gems with something you already have in the panty – canned salmon. Yah!
Summer means my gardens are at their peak. The last of the perennials are in bloom, and the grass and trees are lush. The evenings are really warm, perfect for sitting out on the covered deck enjoying some finger food and a great drink. Did you try one of my Pimped-out Lemonades earlier this week? They are super refreshing, and good for ya!
This recipe for Salmon Cilantro Sliders is fast, simple and makes a big batch. Just two cans of salmon mix makes 24 slider patties. If sliders are too small, make regular sized patties, you will get 6+ for sure. They can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for a day or two, or grill right away and freeze. That way you can pull one out any time you need a slider fix!
Salmon Cilantro SlidersEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 2 cans salmon, bones and skins removed
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup celery, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Thai chili, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp light mayo
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp horseradish
- swiss cheese slices
- red leaf lettuce
- slider buns
- Mix all salmon ingredients in a bowl. Scoop out 2 Tbsp and shape into a small patty. Repeat to make 24. (Can be made ahead to this point and kept in refrigerator overnight).
- Over medium-high heat, add the patties to a fry pan or indoor grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side until firm and cooked through. These patties will be tender, so turn carefully. When done, switch off heat and place a small square of swiss cheese on each patty to melt a bit.
- Make Cilantro Sauce by mixing all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Assemble sliders by placing some lettuce on bottom bun, salmon patty with cheese, Cilantro Sauce and bun top. Insert toothpick to hold together while serving.