When salad becomes the meal
Take a break from cooking supper with this simple assembly-meal, made with leftover cooked steak and hard boiled eggs. Look for this convenient item in the deli section of your grocery store.
Steak & Egg SaladEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 romaine heart, torn into pieces
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 cooked Top Sirloin Grilling Steak, seasoned and basted with barbecue sauce, thinly sliced
- 2 Hard boiled eggs, cubed
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled and cubed (sprinkled with lemon juice)
- 15-17 grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- For the salad: Halve, seed, peel and dice the avocado. Put the lettuces into a large salad bowl or platter. Arrange the steak, eggs, avocado, tomatoes and cheese over the lettuce.
- To make dressing: In a jar with lid, combine all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and shake to combine. Pour over salad just before serving.