Need to use up some leftover pumpkin over the holidays?
Over the holidays you made a lot of pumpkin pie, right. Did you have just a cup or two left over? Here’s a recipe for perfectly moist muffins that my Mom always made. Her recipe is the best – I think it’s the rum-soaked raisins make the difference! (opps I added those!)
Tipsy Raisin Pumpkin Muffins
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1-1/2 cups oil
- 1-3/4 cups pumpkin pureé, fresh or canned
- 3 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups rum-soaked raisins
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Mix 1/2 cup rum with 1/2 water. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Pour over 2 cups of raisins. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Beat eggs slightly in bowl. Add sugar, oil, pumpkin and beat thoroughly for 1 minute.
- Sift together dry ingredients in another bowl. Add to pumpkin mixture and mix well until smooth.
- Drain raisins and stir in.
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon toping and sprinkle on top of each muffin mixture.
- Bake 375º for 15-20 minutes. NOTE: MAKES 24 MUFFINS