Use up the last bits of pumpkin this fall with a deliciously simple Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Marble Cake.
It’s time for November Cake of the Month and I’m in the mood for pumpkin! I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but for the last few weeks Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram have been filled with everything pumpkin. Pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin pasta, pumpkin loaves and pumpkin cakes. Why not go with the flow and add this delicious Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Marble Cake to the mix!
Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Marble CakeEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup vanilla or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundlt pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, pumpkin, sugar, oil, yogurt, vanilla and spices. Whisk to combine.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt; stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Remove 1 cup of batter to another small bowl and add 2 Tbsp cocoa. Try to not over-mix.
- Pour half of the pumpkin batter in pan evenly. Dab on cocoa mixture. Add remaining pumpkin batter and smooth out. Run a knife through the batter to swirl a bit aif you want a marbled effect.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until set or when a toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean. Allow to cool 15 minutes and then turn out onto wire rack or serving platter to cool completely.
In a small bowl combine 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and ¼ cup whole milk. Microwave in 20 second intervals stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. Add more milk in order to get to the right pouring consistency. Pour over cooled cake and serve.