This casserole is sure to make you a family-dinner superhero!
I love casseroles! Any day that you can bake dinner all in one pan and carry it proudly out to your table, scoop it, and then devoured it, that’s a good day.
This Weeknight Spinach & Gnocchi Bake is a pasta lover’s dream. A hearty, stick-to-your-ribs kind of casserole that you can never have enough of. It’s everything I love in a baked dish: homemade meat sauce, potato gnocchi and gooey melted cheese. Tell me what’s not to love?
The best part of this Weeknight Spinach & Gnocchi Bake is it only takes 30 minutes. The second best thing are the leftovers! Make it the day before, because it only tastes better and better over the next few days.
I added 3+ cups of fresh spinach, but you can add as much as you like – good for ya and tastes great too! Amp it up even more by adding kale. Fresh kale can be a bit tough, so I recommend you steamed or sauté it before adding to the sauce.
O.K. I know you want to whip up this baby and dive right in… enjoy!
Weeknight Spinach & Gnocchi BakeEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lb. ground pork, turkey or beef
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28 oz/796mL can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 3-1/2 cups baby spinach
- one 17.6 oz. pkg gnocchi, cooked to package directions, drained
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté onions, ground meat, salt and pepper; breaking up into a crumble with back of spoon, until cooked through.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, basil, parsley and sugar. Bring up to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and stir in to allow spinach to wilt into sauce. Add gnocchi and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 9” x 13” baking pan, top with cheese and bake for 15 minutes.
Thanks again for reading, and to subscribe EatInEatOut to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, just click!