Will you be lucky enough to have turkey leftovers? Use it up with this super-easy Weeknight Thai Turkey Flatbread
If you’re celebrating Thanksgiving (shout out to my U.S. friends!), or planning your feast in December, let’s face it… there are usually leftovers. As everyone knows, I love a roasted turkey – it’s the best. However, did you know the second best part about cooking this glorious bird? Leftovers! The cooked turkey meat is so versatile it can be used in so many great next-day recipes. I’ve already shared so many fast & easy ways to use cooked turkey: Spanish Turkey Stew, Weeknight Buffalo Turkey Tacos, Turkey Saltimbocca, and Curried Mango, Turkey and Walnut Salad. This time I thought you could use a recipe that will please kids and adults and comes together in just 15 minutes… that’s right…15 minutes! Sound good? Then Weeknight Thai Turkey Flatbread is for you…
This Thai Peanut Spread is awesome. Make a double batch and spread it on sandwiches too!
Everybody loves a pizza. Everybody loves the flavours of Thailand. This Weeknight Thai Turkey Flatbread brings together both loves into a super-fast, super-simple, feed a crowd, day after (Boxing Day for all the Canadians out there) feast.
Hey, did you miss the launch of the Holiday issue of EatInEatOut™ magazine this past Monday? It’s our 5th anniversary collector’s edition and also the final magazine we will be publishing. While the recipe inspiration will continue here on The Blog, we certainly said goodbye to the magazine in style… just click.
Weeknight Thai Turkey FlatbreadEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 300 g package flatbread
- 1-1/2 cups turkey breast, cooked, cubed
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Thai Peanut Spread
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Sriracha Sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- To make Thai Peanut Spread: Blend all ingredients together in
- a blender until smooth. Add more water if needed to get a
- spreadable consistency.
- Place flatbread on a baking sheet. Spread with peanut sauce,
- reserving a third for dipping later. Top with turkey, red peppers, green onions and cheese. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until crust is golden. Serve drizzled with Sriracha sauce if using.
Leave a Reply