THE WINTER 2016 ISSUE IS NOW ONLINE AND IT’S ALL ABOUT COMFORT FOODS!
Welcome to the first issue for 2016.
Winter is a time to embrace the weather by enjoying the awesome skating, skiing and skating it offers. Did I lose ya? Well, one thing I know is that winter is the best time to snuggle-up with a warm bowl of something yummy. Are you back with me? That’s why we’ve gone with a bit of a ‘BOWLS’ theme on this one. We’ve packed our pages with recipes for soups, salad bowls, smoothie bowls and casseroles. So cozy up and dig it!
What do you think about our cover? Love that gooey melty cheese! This shot is courtesy of our latest contributor, Jennifer Maloney of Seasons and Suppers. Make sure you check out all her must-make soup recipes.
I mentioned it was a bowl theme, right? Well let’s start off by trying the hot trend of Breakfast Smoothie Bowls. Kelly Brisson took on this tough assignment and you will not be disappointed with her results! There’s a teaser recipe for this Berry Protein Smoothie Bowl below…
What would comfort foods be without some classic casseroles? I offer up a few of my favourite noodle casseroles that are perfect make-ahead meals. Now you can be ready to heat & eat, when everyone comes in from the cold.
The Winter 2016 issue also has 2 new cookbooks, Mid-Week Rescue, a new Nutrition Editor joins the team, and of course a new contest. Enjoy every page (CLICK HERE TO READ NOW!), and please share it with … well… everyone!
Berry Protein Smoothie BowlEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 1/2 cups frozen berries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 1 Tbsp ground chia seeds
- 1-1/2 cups plain, sweetened Greek yogurt
- 1/2 to 1 cup pomegranate juice
- Extra berries, for garnish
- Extra chia seeds, for garnish
- Add first 4 ingredients to your blender and process until smooth. If it's too thick, add the extra 1/2 cup of juice and process again until desired thickness is reached. Pour into two bowls and top with extra berries and chia seeds.