Taking a second look at my famous, super-moist zucchini bread with chocolate chips.
Zucchini bread… more please! It’s big, puffy, moist and deliciously sweet. Perfect for a fast breakfast on-the-go or when you need to take a break from your busy afternoon. I recommend making a double batch, why? 1) they freeze really, really well, 2) zucchinis are easy to find and are good for ya, 3) the first loaf will get gobbled up in a flash!
I’ve made this recipe about ten million times because it’s easy, and it turns out perfectly every time. I first published it back in 2012 on the old website, but I thought it was so good it deserved to be revisited with new updated photos.
The base recipe for Zucchini Bread is super-moist and totally awesome on it’s own. I’ll leave it up to you whether you choose to kick it up a notch by adding one third cup of chocolate chips or walnuts or raisins… whatever you like! I decided to use regular chocolate chips, but I’ve been told by my niece (hey Jul) that the mini-chips are even better. You don’t want to miss this one, it’s really delicious.
Just a heads up, it’s only two weeks until the next issue of EatInEatOut Magazine… yeh! The new spring issue will have some seriously delicious recipes for healthy take-out, an in-depth look at the new ‘fermented foods’ trend as well as plate proportions.
- 1 egg
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅓ cup add-ins (mini chocolate chips, chopped pecans, raisins or chopped pistachios) optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 4” x 8” loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and mayo until blended well. Add zucchini.
- In another bowl, mix all remaining ingredients. Add to zucchini mixture just until moistened.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 50 -55 minutes. Cool on wire rack.