It’s time for Valentine’s Day… booze, whipped cream, cake… ’nuff said.
I know what you’re thinking “these look like a lot of work!“. Well I’ve made a few shortcuts this time, so these Boozy Red Velvet Trifles have all the goodness, but come together in much less time. Besides, it’s a special day, so make something you can enjoy just as much as your Valentine.
Red velvet cake
Raspberries with liqueur
Sweetened cream cheese sauce
and repeat…. total yum.
I made two huge trifles, but a person with a normal sweet tooth would probably make 4 smaller ones. I piped the whipped cream on the top (so it looked pretty), and sprinkled with dark chocolate shavings. Not too many, don’t want this to be too sweet… totally kidding… pile them on! Maybe sprinkle some inside as well!!
I have nothing more to say. Enjoy!
- 1 Red Velvet cake mix
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2-4 Tbsp liqueur ( Chambord, Cassis ect...)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Make Red Velvet cake as per package direction for 2 layers. Freeze one layer for later use. Cut the remaining layer into ½ inch cubes.
- Stir Boozy Berry Filling ingredients together in a small bowl. Mash down the fresh berries just a bit.
- Whip Cream Cheesy Sauce ingredients together in another small bowl until smooth.
- Whip cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in a stand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Assemble in glasses as per above.
- Sprinkle with dark chocolate shavings.