Meatless Monday calls for a delicious vegetarian pasta starring roasted cauliflower
It can be roasted, boiled, fried, sautéed, steamed or even eaten raw – the possibilities are endless when we’re talking about the multifaceted cauliflower! This deliciously simple Cauliflower Penné with Raisins & Sun Dried Tomatoes recipe is sure to start the week off right.
Shopping for cauliflower is like picking a bouquet of flowers: look for heavy, white or cream-colored heads that are uniform in color and avoid any signs of aging (like speckles, brown spots, wilted leaves). Heads that are surrounded by many thick green leaves are better protected and will be fresh in the long run. I recommend storing uncooked cauliflower in a paper or plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- 4 cups penné pasta
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 small carrots, slivered
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 7 Tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup slivered sun dried tomatoes
- ¼ golden raisins
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 large scallion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Place cauliflower, carrots and onions on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes, stir, and continue roasting until golden in spots; about 10 minutes.
- Boil pasta as per package directions. Drain, making sure to reserve ½ cup of pasta water. Return pasta to pot and add sun dried tomatoes, raisins, parmesan and remaining oil. Toss in roasted vegetables and reserved pasta water, season to taste.
- Serve sprinkled with additional parmesan and scallions.
Hey have you heard about our great mid-spring contest? If you are reading this email, you’re already a member of the EIEO Insiders Club and are automatically entered to win! If you would like to become a member, just click for details and to enter…