No time to bake? Try No Bake Chocolate Haystack Cookies!
This is my most popular recipe of all time… who knew?
These timeless kid-friendly gems are so easy. Just mix, let dry and enjoy! The blend of coconut, chocolate and oats is a simple and easy treat for kids and the kids-at-heart.
I love to make these as an addition to a cookie platter over the holidays. The colour and shape really adds great texture to the presentation. They are moist and chewy, when your other cookies may be crispy and light.
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 Tbsp cocoa
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats or quick oats
- 1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and milk. Cook on medium low heat until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high, add butter and allow mixture to come to a low boil.
- Remove pan from heat and mix in salt, vanilla, oats and coconut. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined cookie sheet. Let set.