There’s a chill in the air – time take out the slow cooker for Pulled Chicken Tortillas
I’m glad summer is over.
No, that’s a lie. Summer is my favorite season; but there’s a certain feeling that autumn presents that brings forward a sort of warmth, despite the cooling temperatures. It makes me want to enjoy nice hot meals, linger over long dinners, use warm spices in all of my cooking and baking, and, of course, break out the slow cooker.
Slow cooked meals are a mainstay in my home during the cold months; they allow a delicious meal to be ready at the end of the day without all the prep work that typically goes into dinner.
Plus, slow cooking allows all of the flavors of what you’re cooking to come out and blend beautifully with one another. Sounds kind of perfect, doesn’t it?
This recipe for Pulled Chicken Tortillas is perfect for feeding a hungry crowd; just set out the chicken, tortillas, and toppings for a DIY taco bar! If you’re cooking for kids, omit the hot chili flakes, and use the small tortilla shells.
Slow Cooked Chicken TacosEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 2-3 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped jalapenos, fresh or pickled
- 1 213ml can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 large white onion, diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili flakes, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Tortillas or taco shells
- Desired toppings, hot peppers, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, salsa, cheese, etc.
- Mix all ingredients, except for the chicken breasts, in the slow cooker. Next, add the chicken breasts and press down to immerse in the sauce. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, and then remove the chicken from the slow cooker.
- Using two forks, pull chicken apart, and then transfer to a serving dish; spoon some of the remaining juice over the pulled chicken to moisten.
- Fill taco shells or top tortillas with chicken and toppings of your choice.