Gorgeous Fruit Cake Cookies no one will be able to resist!
Which cookie lover are you – crispy or soft? I like both, but I tend to make more crispy cookies like Ranger Cookies or Triple Chocolate Nutella-Stuffed Cookies. This time I decided to cater to my craving for a soft, moist and slightly chewy experience with these mini traditional morsels you are going to love, love love!
Everyone loves a Christmas fruitcake… no?… too traditional… too boring? Well stop right there. The combination of all those totally yummy glacé fruits never goes out of style… think about the cherry on the top of a sundae… a must.
I’ll be frank, these Fruit Cake Cookies are showstoppers. You and your guest will not be able to stop eating them, they take a blah tray of boring holiday cookies to… WOW that’s a kick-ass holiday cookie tray!
- 3 Tbsp brandy
- 1-1/4 cups fruitcake mix
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Microwave brandy and fruitcake mix until bubbling, about 45 seconds. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium until light and fluffy. Add egg and mix until incorporated. Reduce speed to low and add half the flour mixture, then sour cream, then remaining flour, mixing until combined after each addition. Add fruit mixture and stir to evenly distribute.
- Drop tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart on to baking sheets. Bake until light golden brown, about 10 to 13 minutes. Cool on wire racks completely.
- Whisk icing sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle over cookies and let set 30 minutes.