This Grilled Turkey Grain Bowl is a perfect feel-good lunch or healthy weeknight dinner in a hurry.
Time to get the grill out, it’s the long weekend! This summery grilled turkey grain bowl with a healthy mix of grilled turkey, quinoa and grilled pineapple will get you thinking about the sunshine, warm breezes and lots of meals on the patio. These hearty bowls of goodness are really popular for takeout at lunch-time, but you can make one yourself, it’s so easy. With a little pre-prep from the weekend grill, lunch or dinner during the week can come together in 10 minutes!
The great part about “bowls’ is that they can be piled high with any healthy stuff you like. Not a fan of blackberries, then use strawberries or blueberries. Not keen on spinach, swap out for baby kale or arugula. It’s up to you.
Is it too chilly to get out the BBQ for grilling? Are you serious… what kind of Canadian are you? Oh well, you can still enjoy the grilled flavour of turkey breast or pineapple by using a grill pan on the stove. Easy, peasy. I like to pan-sear the breast for 2 minutes per side and then finish in the oven at 375ºF for 20 minutes. For the pineapple, just spray the grill pan with cooking spray and cook the pineapple slice until grill marks appear; about 2-3 minutes per side.
You have got to try this Cashew Lemon Dressing, it’s amazing. It’s a wonderful dressing, but would be good as a veggie dip or tossed with noodles. So easy and will keep in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
Enjoy the first weekend of the summer!
- ½ cup cashews
- ¾ cup water
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 boneless, skinless turkey breast, grilled and sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 slices pineapple, grilled
- ½ cucumber, quartered
- ½ turnip or radish, sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup fresh berries: blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries
- To make Cashew Lemon Dressing: Blend all ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender until smooth.
- To make Grilled Turkey Grain Bowl: In a medium bowl layer spinach, quinoa, cooked turkey, avocado, pineapple, cucumber, turnip, tomatoes and blackberries. Drizzle with Cashew Lemon Dressing
This post is part of a paid sponsored series with CanadianTurkey.ca. As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.