Just in time for that special day, a decadent dessert that Mom will love!
Last year, for the cake lovers, I gathered 5 Cakes that Mom would love. My recommendation for those Mom’s craving a pie, was my Milk Chocolate Nutella Cream Pie – also a delicious choice. This time, how about something completely different?
If you don’t know by now, I love recipes that take less than 30 minutes to make and require as few ingredients as possible. This Chocolate & Raspberry Croissant Pudding is my new favourite! It’s a perfect choice for Dad and the kids to make, because it’s super- simple and super-delicious!
No matter how much I love it, I can’t take credit for this delicious pudding, it comes to me from the good people at Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate. I had always enjoyed eating and cooking with this chocolate, so I decided to look a bit more into the brand…
GREEN & BLACK’S is a chocolate brand founded on sustainable and ethical cocoa sourcing principles, based on our conviction that great taste comes from the finest ingredients. Green symbolizes their commitment to always sourcing ethical cocoa. Black stands for their high quality and the delicious intensity of our chocolate. The first GREEN & BLACK’S chocolate was created in London, UK by original founders, Craig Sams and Jo Fairley. They launched the brand with an organic dark chocolate bar with 70% cocoa, which I used in this recipe.
Serve this decadent Chocolate & Raspberry Croissant Pudding warm, with whipped cream or a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
Happy Mother’s Day!
Chocolate and Raspberry Croissant PuddingEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 100 g 1 bar 70% chocolate, chopped into rough chunks plus 1 tbsp finely grated
- 4 croissants
- 120 g fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 cups half and half or whipping cream
- 100 g 1 bar milk chocolate, chopped
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a 2 litre ovenproof dish and dust with grated chocolate.
- Tear croissants into chunks and place in the dish. Sprinkle over the raspberries and chunks of dark chocolate. Set the dish aside while you prepare the custard mixture.
- In a small saucepan bring the cream up to boiling point. Remove from the heat and gently stir in the milk chocolate until melted. Add the eggs and quickly mix in until well combined. Pour the mixture over the croissants and raspberries. Push the croissants down into the custard so that they soak up a little of the liquid.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the custard is just set. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream on the side.