Feeling the weeknight rush? Let this 30-Minute Orange Cashew Turkey come to the rescue!
I love when a delicious meal comes together in 30 minutes and uses simple pantry items. It’s kinda my thaaang…
That’s why I love this 30-Minute Orange Cashew Turkey. Aside from the ‘meat with fruit’ combo that I adore, the needed ingredients are all staples in my cupboard. I aways keep a can of mandarin oranges on hand. They’re the perfect thing to add to a salad, and truly awesome in this stir-fry. Now that turkey breasts can be found all-year round at most grocery stores, it’s easy to pick one up. Try it, what a tasty twist on the usual…
If you don’t feel like making a side salad, it’s really easy to amp-up the greens by adding 2/3 cup of chopped broccoli, snow peas, sweet peppers or kale to this recipe. Just sauté in a tsp of canola oil to tender-crisp after removing the cooked turkey is step 2. When your veg of choice is cooked, just set aside then proceed to step 3.
I love the crunch of nuts in a dish. Cashews are getting all sorts of positive buzz right now for their nutritional punch so I added them to this recipe. However, if you don’t like the creamy texture, you can use any nut or seeds – peanuts, pumpkin seeds, pistachios or almonds. If you have the extra time, you can roast them for a bit of added flavour.
30-Minute Orange Cashew TurkeyEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce, divided
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice, divided
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 boneless, skinless turkey breasts, cut into 1” cubes
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 4 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 can, 284 mL mandarin orange segments + juice
- 1 Tbsp orange marmalade
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- ½ cup salted cashews
- sesame seeds to garnish, optional
- In a large bowl combine 2 Tbsp soy sauce, lemon juice, ginger and garlic. Add cubed turkey and marinate for 15-30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Using a slotted spoon remove turkey from marinade to a clean bowl. Discard marinade. Sprinkle turkey with ¼ cup of cornstarch and toss to coat.
- In a large fry pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches, add turkey cubes and sauté, turning, until cooked through. About 4 minutes per batch. Set aside on a paper towel.
- Drain mandarin oranges , reserving liquid (about 2/3 cup). Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add remaining 1 Tbsp soy sauce, honey, reserved orange juice, marmalade, rice vinegar and sesame oil. In a small bowl mix remaining 1 Tbsp cornstarch with 2 Tbsp water to make a slurry. Stir into sauce. Bring a low boil stirring, until sauce thickens.
- Add turkey cubes to sauce and toss to coat. Add mandarin oranges and cashews, stirring to combine.
- Serve over rice with steamed broccoli or salad on the side.
This post is part of a paid sponsored series with CanadianTurkey.ca. As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.