Healthy take-out to make at home!
Sometimes you just need a big plate of Asian Pork Noodles. I don’t know about you, but that’s my ‘comfort’ food. The cure for all emotional ailments, my happy place. I could eat this recipe every week, sooo yummy, rich and delish.
Have you tried soba (buckwheat) or spelt noodles yet? You must, they really take the everyday up a notch. Full of flavour, goodness, plus some added fibre – never a bad thing. Mix in the nutrition of broccoli and carrots and this dish is not only yummy, it’s good for you!
- 12 oz gluten-free soba noodles or spelt spaghetti
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ cup sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp ginger, freshly grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 cup broccoli florets, blanched
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- In a large pot of salted water, cook noodles to desired doneness. Reserve ⅔ cup of water, then drain noodles.
- In a small bowl whisk peanut butter, vinegar, 3 Tbsp soy sauce and sesame oil, set aside.
- In a sauté pan, heat remaining sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots, green onions, ginger and garlic; cook stirring for 2 minutes. Add pork and cook, breaking up meat with the back of a spoon until fully cooked.
- Add broccoli, peanut mixture, reserved water and noodles to the pan. Toss to coat and heat through. Serve topped with cilantro.