Healthy take-out to make at home!
Sometimes you just need a big plate of Asian Pork Noodles. I don’t know about you, but that’s my ‘comfort’ food. The cure for all emotional ailments, my happy place. I could eat this recipe every week, sooo yummy, rich and delish.
Have you tried soba (buckwheat) or spelt noodles yet? You must, they really take the everyday up a notch. Full of flavour, goodness, plus some added fibre – never a bad thing. Mix in the nutrition of broccoli and carrots and this dish is not only yummy, it’s good for you!
Asian Pork Noodles with Peanut SauceEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 12 oz gluten-free soba noodles or spelt spaghetti
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ cup sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp ginger, freshly grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 cup broccoli florets, blanched
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro, optional
- In a large pot of salted water, cook noodles to desired doneness. Reserve 2/3 cup of water, then drain noodles.
- In a small bowl whisk peanut butter, vinegar, 3 Tbsp soy sauce and sesame oil, set aside.
- In a sauté pan, heat remaining sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots, green onions, ginger and garlic; cook stirring for 2 minutes. Add pork and cook, breaking up meat with the back of a spoon until fully cooked.
- Add broccoli, peanut mixture, reserved water and noodles to the pan. Toss to coat and heat through. Serve topped with cilantro.