Ever made pesto at home? Well time to take a crack at it!
One thing I really like about kale, besides that it’s packed with nutrition, is that it keeps fresh in the crisper a long time. However, sometimes you just don’t feel like salad or you’ve just run out of ideas.
Solution – make Kale, Asiago and Roasted Walnut Pesto! What a simple healthy way to use up that extra kale that is oh so delish. It’s slightly nutty, cheesy, and super fresh. Homemade pesto is awesome to have on hand for appetizers, sandwiches, pasta… the list goes on. Check out our post for Smoked Turkey and Bacon Sandwich… still licking my lips!
Storing pesto is easy, just follow this tip: Make your pesto and then fill a jar almost to the very top. Drizzle a little olive oil over the top and seal the jar. This can keep for a few weeks in the fridge if you continue to cover the top with olive oil to keep the herbs fresh.
Kale, Asiago and Roasted Walnut PestoEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1/3 cup roasted walnut pieces
- 3 clove of garlic, crushed
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 bunch of kale, washed and stems removed
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp grated fresh nutmeg
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup Asiago cheese, grated
- Place all ingredients except oil and cheese in a food processor. Pulse to finely chop. Stream in the olive oil until a thick sauce forms. Transfer to a bowl and mix in Asiago cheese.