BEEF gets BOLDER
What an awesome recipe from Joyce Parslow, and a great addition to ReThink Beef! Joyce recommends using Medium Ground Beef for the very best flavour. However, if using Lean or Extra Lean, just add in a tablespoon or so of butter, cream or minced bacon to enhance flavour – you’ll never look back! Sauté the onion and garlic to incorporate into the patty better than if added uncooked. If you can find Ancho Sauce in the grocery store, you can substitute for the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
Barbecoa-style BurgersEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ¼ lb 750 g Medium Ground Beef
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp minced canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Sauté the onion and garlic in a nonstick pan in a splash of oil until softened; cool.
- Mix beef with onion, garlic, crumbs, egg, minced chipotle peppers and sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper, tossing together lightly but until thoroughly mixed. Shape into 6 to 7 patties. Cover and chill for 30 minutes ideally.
- Cook in a lightly oiled hot cast iron pan or on an oiled hot grill. Cook, over medium heat, turning several times until digital instant-read thermometer inserted sideways into the centre of each patty reads 160°F (71°C). Serve each on toasted buttered buns.