Full of fall vegetables, this Bok Choy Udon Noodle Bowl is a delicious meal in a bowl!
It’s back-to-school time again. Are you ready? This time of year you’re going to be looking for simple and delicious 30-minute meals. Check out my list of 10 Lifesaving Back To School Recipes, and for a vegetarian option, add this awesome Bok Choy Udon Noodle Bowl to the list. Simple fall vegetables combine with easy to prepare udon noodles to create a ‘take-out’ dish at home in a snap!
It’s a simple fact; fruits and vegetables are filled with nutrients our bodies need to function at their best. Meals packed with produce can help you lower the risk for heart disease, lose weight and add more fibre, nutrients and antioxidants in your diet. More than ¼ of Canadians don’t believe they have enough time to prepare fresh produce to eat. This prevents them from consuming more. Whaaat? That’s the best part of this Bok Choy Udon Noodle Bowl, it’s ready in under 20 minutes!
If you don’t have baby bok choy and daikon radish, don’t let that stop you from making this dish. Substitute in cauliflower or broccoli florets, celery, bell peppers or what ever you have on hand. Let’s face it, it’s all about the sauce!
Bok Choy Udon Noodle BowlEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 2 x 200g packages udon noodles
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup daikon radish, peeled and julienned
- 3 green onions, sliced (reserve some green parts for garnish)
- 4 tsp garlic, minced
- 3 baby bok choy, cut in half lengthwise and half again
- ¼ cup cashews, chopped
Amazing Stir-fry Sauce
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup oyster sauce or hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp sherry
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- Cook noodles as prepackage instructions and set aside.
- While cooking noodles, mix all ingredients of the Amazing Stir-fry Sauce in a small bowl or jar.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrot, daikon radish and onion. Cook, stirring often, for 4-6 minutes.
- Push all to the side, add garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in Amazing Stir-fry Sauce and bok choy and continue to simmer for 3-4 minutes until softened. Stir in noodles to heat through.
- Serve with reserved green onions and chopped cashews.
BASED ON 4 SERVING SIZE: NOTE – udon noodles have quite a bit of sodium. I just used what I had in the pantry, but check health food stores where you can find reduced sodium noodles.