What does every Dad want in Father’s Day? Cappuccino Angel Food Cake!
Time with the family. Whether that’s spent outdoors around the grill or inside at the family table, top off a great meal with a dessert to remember.
All Dad’s love a great cappuccino at their favourite coffee shop, bring that into a light and easy dessert with this spectacular Cappuccino Angle Food Cake.
Coffee flavoured angel food cake, is topped with lots of sweet whipped cream and a drizzle of dark chocolate sauce!
This cake comes out ‘sky-high’ and is light as a cloud. Great end to a meal of Dad’s barbecued ribs or burgers!
Don’t forget to make extra whipped cream and lots of chocolate sauce to add to each serving… there’s never enough chocolate… right? O.K. dig in…
Cappuccino Angel Food CakeEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 2-1/4 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar, if you want an even finer texture try superfine (caster sugar)
- 6 large eggs, room temperature, separated
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 6 Tbsp instant coffee dissolved into 3/4 cup of hot water, cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp cream of tarter
- In a bowl of an electric mixer whisk flour, baking powder, salt and sugar (take out 3 Tbsp to be used in the egg whites).
- Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients and add egg yolks, oil, coffee and vanilla. Beat one minute until smooth.
- In a separate bowl beat egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tarter and 3 Tbsp remaining sugar. Beat until soft peaks form. Fold gently into batter until just blended.
- Bake in an ungreased tube pan for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean. Remove cake and invert suspended on a glass or bottle and let cool completely.
- To remove, run a long knife around the inside of the tube pan and centre core. Turn out on to a serving platter.
- Serve topped with lots of sweet whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
I am sure the cake is great, but it is not an Angel Food Cake, since Angel Food Cake never contains fat or yolks. This recipe is a chiffon. 🙂
You’re right Anne. But usually chiffons don’t get quite as high as this cake…. more like an Angel Food!