Start off the perfect romantic meal with a warm bowl of Carrot Parsnip Soup
Need a way to get ‘cozy’ with that one you love? No better way than with a delicious bowl of soup. This soup tastes really complicated but is so easy. Everybody love carrots and the hint of parsnip adds a sweet twist with a smooth velvety texture.
This gem is easy to make it ahead and warm it up … when you’re ready. Serve warm with some garlic croutons on top.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled, minced
- 1 parsnip, peeled, minced
- ½ tsp Each salt and pepper
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup cream
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions, carrot, parsnip, salt and pepper. Cook 15 minutes until soft.
- In blender, purée in batches, adding broth, milk and cream.
- Reheat to serve.