Easy make-ahead breakfast with this homemade Cherry, Coconut & Almond Granola
Yes, I’m still fixated on breakfast … there are so many healthy options for the most important meal of the day, I’m just getting started! Granola from a box was always something I craved, but avoided, because of the high sugar and hefty calorie count. Does it have to be that way? Not if you make it at home.
Coconut is one of my favourite flavours, I love serving this crunchy cereal mix over a big bowl of Greek yogurt. Pile the Cherry, Coconut & Almond Granola on top and then drizzle it with agave or maple syrup… already tasting the total delishiousness.
If you missed it – how? The Summer 2016 issue is online! It’s has tons more recipes for strawberries!!! We’ve come up with interesting ways to take advantage of the glorious fresh, local produce of the season in simple tasty family meals. Curl up on the patio with a great reading… JUST CLICK!
Cherry, Coconut & Almond GranolaEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 2-1/2 cups whole flake oats
- 3 Tbsp flax seed
- 1/2 cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup coconut, shredded
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Combine oats, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Heat almond butter, vanilla, maple syrup and oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high in 15 second bursts, stirring after each until smoothly combined.
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix well to coat. Spread onto parchment-lined baking sheet and bake 12-15 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove from oven and when cooled, stir in coconut and cherries.
- Store in air-tight container for up to one month.