An all-time classic, these Lemon Blueberry Muffins are jumbo-sized!
While I was looking at all the muffin recipes I have posted over the last 5 years there was one missing. Where was the all-time classic, a blueberry muffin? I have a few healthy versions like Morning Glory Muffins or Banana Oat Muffins, traditional ones like Classic Raisin Bran, Banana Bran or Savoury Corn Muffins, but where are the simple blueberry muffins?
I don’t know about you, but sometimes I find most recipes for blueberry muffins result in a really small muffin. I like mine more bakery-style. Are you with me? Not to worry I’ve got you covered with these Whopper Lemon Blueberry Muffins. They are extra-big so they last all the way through your jumbo mug of coffee or tea.
I don’t have 2 jumbo muffins tins, so I just line my regular tin with parchment cups. That keeps the extra batter in and produces a perfect whopper muffin.
There’s a reason the combination of lemon with blueberry never gets old… it’s amazing! The lemon adds a big burst of freshness. In my area the local blueberries are just coming into the market, so I encourage you to use that while you can. If that’s impossible, you can also make these with frozen wild blueberries.
You are going to love these babies, they’re moist and fluffy but really have good body. Go ahead, put the coffee on and get baking!
Whopper Lemon Blueberry MuffinsEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/4 cup milk
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2-1/2 cups fresh blueberries, tossed with 1 Tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a regular 12-cup muffin tin with large parchment cups or grease TWO jumbo muffin 6-cup tins.
- In a large bowl, whisk butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add lemon juice, zest, eggs, vanilla and milk. Whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add into batter and stir until just combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter between prepared muffin cups. Bake for 35-40 minutes until tops are lightly brown. Cool.
Note: Before baking, you can sprinkle each cup with raw sugar for a sweet topping.