Perfect meal to share on the backyard deck
When it’s time to grill for a crowd – why not think turkey for a change! Turkey breasts are easy to find at the grocery and are a snap on the BBQ. Summer-sweet corn and asparagus make this a delicious salad for any backyard party. If you want more recipes using the fresh fruits and veggies of the summer season – check out the entire Market Fresh feature in our EatInEatOut Summer 2013 issue – JUST CLICK!
Chili-Lime Turkey and Charred Corn SaladEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 2 boneless skinless turkey breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 corn cobs, husked
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 8 cups salad greens
- 14 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice, 1 fresh lime
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/4 tsp EACH salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup oil
- 4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- In a large zipper bag, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and lime juice. Season with chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic, cayenne pepper (if using), salt, and black pepper. Add the turkey and stir to coat. Seal, and marinate in the refrigerator at 1 - 24 hours.
- Whisk to together dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush corn and asparagus with 1 Tbsp of oil. Place turkey and corn on the greased grill. Close lid and grill, turning as needed until turkey as reached and internal temperature of 74º and corn is charred and tender; about 15-20 minutes. Remove to plate and keep warm.
- Add asparagus to grill; grill, covered, turning often until tender-crisp, about 5-7 minutes.
- Slice turkey breasts diagonally. Cut corn from cobs. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces. In a large bowl toss together corn, asparagus, lettuce, tomatoes and green onions. Transfer to plates. Top with turkey slices. Drizzle with dressing.
Leave a Reply