Moist and delicious plus they use up the pantry!
This week my niece Julia reminded me of an awesome recipe we posted here last September for Chocolate Chip Zucchini Loaf. She made it for her family and they all raved about it! With zucchini overflowing in our gardens this late August, I decided to try that recipe again, but this time as muffins.
This time, to the moist zucchini batter I added what ever I had in the pantry. You need 3/4 of a cup in total so try: chocolate chips or chopped dried cherries, dried apricot, figs, dates, pecans, dried cranberries… be creative!
I had chocolate chips and chopped dried cherries on hand, so in they went.
Kids (and adults) will never know you have hidden the veggies inside this delicious treat! Enjoy!
Easy Zucchini MuffinsEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cup zucchini, grated
- 1-1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup STUFF, 1/2 cup chocolate chips + 1/3 cup chopped pecans, dried cherry, dried apricot, figs, dates
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Line 9-12 muffin cups with paper liners are spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat egg, mayo and zucchini until blended well.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Add zucchini mixture until just moistened. Add STUFF.
- Pour into muffin cups - I filled only 9 cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
You do not say when to add the zuke but I am assuming it is with the egg and mayo. Also cinnamon goes in with the dry ingredients I guess?
Hi, I’ve updated the recipe to make it clear. Yes you are right, zucchini in with mayo and egg. Cinnamon in with dry ingredients. Thanks!
Love making then eating these muffins. Easy to make. I use a large muffin tin so only get 6 muffins but it’s enough for the week. Great recipe!