This tasty coconut cookie needs just 5 simple ingredients.
Does it have to be frosty outside to think about baking cookies? Heck no! Sometimes a little joy means whipping up a batch of moist & chewy cookies in only 30 minutes, using just 5 simple pantry ingredients. Listen up all you coconut lovers, this one’s for you!
I love coconut, but add a hint of dark chocolate and I’m hooked. I call them Coconut Dream Cookies, perfectly moist, but still crispy and chewy. Not really as moist as a Macaroon but not as crispy as No-Bake Haystack Cookies. They’re the best of both worlds.
If you’re a real coconut lover, don’t drizzle or dip them in chocolate. Just revel in the pure coconut yumminess. However, if you’re like me, a quick drizzle of dark chocolate never hurts.
Plain or all dressed up, it’s up to you. Enjoy!
Coconut Dream CookiesEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 2 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- scant 2/3 cup flour
- pinch salt
- 236 mL sweetened condensed milk, just a bit less than a 300 mL can
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl stir together coconut, flour, salt. Stir in condensed milk and vanilla until well blended.
- Drop onto the prepared baking sheet in golf ball-sized mounds.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes until edges are toasted. Cool completely.
- Microwave chocolate chips on high in 30 seconds intervals, stirring between each interval, until melted and smooth. Drizzle on cooled cookies. Let cool to set.
Leave a Reply