This Cold Turkey & Broccoli Salad is perfect for long weekend partytime!
It’s summer! Even though it’s been a really wet summer here in Toronto, that’s not going to stop us from having a backyard BBQ. Gathering family and friends on the deck or patio to dine in the great outdoors is one of summer’s biggest pleasures. This Cold Turkey & Broccoli Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing is the perfect dish to bring along to the party. It can be made ahead, keeps well, and is a perfect compliment to any summer buffet table.
I have lots of great recipes that are perfect to take along to summer pot lucks Mom’s Patio Salad, Asparagus, Watermelon & Feta Salad and not to be forgotten Rainbow Zucchini Noodle Salad with Blueberries. However, I am totally in love with this Cold Turkey & Broccoli Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing. Why? It uses up leftover turkey, the dressing is amazing and it’s delicious!
I’ve used traditional fusilli pasta to make my salad, but you can use any shape or any pasta variety you like. Try penné, orzo or small shells instead of fusilli. Swap out the regular pasta for gluten-free, lentil or quinoa, they all work well. Not a pasta fan? Then why not try cooked quinoa, barley or lentils?
The fresh ingredients can be prepared a day ahead and keeped in the refrigerator. Dress the salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing at the last minute.
This is the perfect time to think local and fresh. Use all the glorious veggies that are just arriving at your local market and support our farmers!
Cold Turkey & Broccoli Salad with Lemon Tahini DressingEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1/3 cup tahini
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp EACH salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked grilled turkey breast, chopped into bit-sized pieces
- 2 cups uncooked pasta
- 3 cups broccoli florets, cut chopped into bit-sized pieces
- 1 cup green beans, chopped into bit-sized pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves, julienned + extra for garnish
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl whisk all Tahini Dressing ingredients until smooth. Set aside, or refrigerate for later.
- Prepare pasta as per package direction, cooking until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside, or refrigerate for later.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, blanch the broccoli and green beans for 2 minutes. Remove and immediately run under very cold water to stop the cooking process. Continue under the water for 1 minute until veggies are completely cool.
- In a large salad bowl toss turkey, pasta, broccoli, green beans, cherry tomatoes, basil and sun-dried tomatoes with the Tahini Dressing. Season to taste. Chill for 15 minutes, then serve topped with pumpkin seeds and additional sliced basil.
This post is part of a paid sponsored series with CanadianTurkey.ca. As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.