Entertaining this summer just became a whole lot easier with this Nutella, Chocolate & Caramel Ice Cream Pie
I love super-simple recipes! I love delicious summer desserts!! I love this frozen pie!!!
Summer is in full swing, so cooking has to be simple and easy. This Nutella, Chocolate & Caramel Ice Cream Pie is the perfect dessert to bring out at the end of a summer BBQ. Your guests will think you slaved all day, but really the freezer did all the work!
I confess I may be the only person on the planet that’s not so crazy about ice cream. I was the strange kid at Dairy Queen who ordered fries, in the middle of a 90-degree day. I guess it’s just too much licking for me, too liquidly, not enough texture. I really like an ice cream sandwich, with a soft or crispy cookie wrapping around the frozen cream to create a tasty treat. Just think of this Nutella, Chocolate & Caramel Ice Cream Pie like a giant ice-cream sandwich. The perfect combination of ice cream, chocolate, caramel and cookies, now that’s my idea of a cool summer treat!
Easily serving 12, it’s the perfect way to please a crowd. You can also get really creative with this pie… to the vanilla layer add 1/4 cup chopped nuts, dried fruit or chopped candy bars. As if this dessert was not delicious enough, I like to serve it with a huge dollop of whipped cream on top… it’s summer, live a little!
Nutella, Chocolate & Caramel Ice Cream PieEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1-1/2 cup chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted + more to butter pan
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened slightly
- 1/3 cup Nutella, softened
- 2-3 Tbsp caramel sauce, I use store bought
- 1/2 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Butter a 9-inch pie shell and set aside.
- Combine cookie crumbs, melted butter and sugar in a bowl until blended and moist. Press into bottom and up sides of pie shell. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove and place baked shell in freezer to chill.
- Add 2 cups softened vanilla ice cream to chilled pie shell and smooth out top. Sprinkle caramel sauce over ice cream. Return to freezer for 30 minutes.
- Stir softened Nutella into 2 cups of remaining softened vanilla ice cream (I usually place the Nutella in the microwave and cook on high for 20-30 seconds. Not until it's fully liquid, just smooth enough to stir easily). Spread over chilled pie, and smooth surface. Drizzle with melted chocolate and return to the freezer to fully set for 6 hours.
Note: when ready to serve, bring the pie out of the freezer for 5-10 minutes in order to slice easily.