Dark Chocolate, Pretzel & Caramel Bark is the perfect thing to feed the munchiesSo, I’m minding my own business walking around Costco. Then suddenly, with no warning, my life changed. A women, let’s call her ‘sampling lady’, handed me a little piece of heaven. She called it Snappers, “it’s so addictive”, she said, “you’ll never want to stop eating them“. I took one bite and WOW, this chocolate, caramel and … pretzel… thing just happened. I’m sad to report I am totally addicted now, and my trips to Costco have gotten a bit insane. Then a light bulb went off in my head… this must be their evil plan, get you hooked so you have to return to Costco to constantly refill your stash. Well, I’m too smart to fall for that, I set forth to make my own Snappers (copycat) right at home. That’s how this Dark Chocolate, Pretzel & Caramel Bark was born! I could see that the ingredient list was really simple – dark chocolate, pretzels and caramel. Sounds easy… and it is! This recipe tastes exactly like the real Snappers… why didn’t I invent them? I’d be rich now 🙁
Dark Chocolate, Pretzel & Caramel Bark (Snappers Copycat)EMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 24 salted pretzels
- 24 caramels, unwrapped
- 14 oz dark chocolate bar, chopped and divided ( I would recommend a great-quality eating chocolate like Lindt or Ghirardelli)
- 6 Tbsp coconut milk or heavy cream
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with wax paper.
- Melt 10 oz of chocolate and 2 Tbsp coconut milk in double boiler or in microwave until smooth.
- Melt caramels and 2 Tbsp coconut milk in double boiler or in microwave until smooth.
- Spread the melted chocolate in a ¼-inch layer over the wax paper. Press the pretzels down into the chocolate firmly. Drizzle the melted caramel over the pretzels. Place baking sheet in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Melt remaining 4 oz of chocolate with 2 Tbsp coconut milk in double boiler or in microwave until smooth. Drizzle lightly over cooled bark, then return to freezer for more 5 minutes.
- Chop into chunks and serve. Can be sealed in an airtight container and stored at room temperature for 7-14 days.