THE AUTUMN ISSUE IS ONLINE AND IT’S ALL ABOUT FAMILY!
Welcome back! Did you have a good summer? Have you started to settle back into school, work or just the routines of a busy life yet? You’re probably looking for ways to serve the family a home-cooked meal, but you need it fast. How about 30 minutes? How about using local in-season fruits and veggies? Sound good, than this new issue is for you!
I think the EIEO team has put together an outstanding EatInEatOut™ Magazine – Autumn 2015 issue with healthy and creative recipes that are simple, fresh, and hopefully make meal-planning a little easier. Our goal was to give busy Moms simple tips and tricks to feel good about the meals you’re serving your family, without spending tons of time doing it. Let’s see what’s behind the cover…
How about that cover… these are the best Sweet & Salty Breakfast (granola) Bars ever! If nothing else, you have to make these, they are really really good.
September brings cooler temps and with it glorious fall fruits and veggies. This Bok Choy Udon Noodle Bowl is one of three vegetarian recipes that take full advantage of the seasons’ bounty.
Talking about the season, we wanted to encourage all of you to make simple delicious meals with local seasonal fruits and veggies. How about winter squash, Brussels sprouts, concord grapes, apples…
Great news, our East Coast Editor, Kelly Brisson, had her baby July 3rd! Congratulations and let’s welcome new baby, Ruthie May with a big hug. When baby is ready for the big jump to solids, here’s some homemade baby foods by this new mom.
You will see a new feature in this issue – Mid-Week Rescue. Appearing in all issues, this recipe will be a simple fix to the hustle and bustle of the busy work week. This Squash, Turkey and Zucchini Soup takes advantage of the good old slow cooker to create a delicious make-ahead meal that’s ready when you get home. It’s GERD-friendly (low-acid), bonus!
We also have great tips on school lunch strategies, 2 new cookbooks and a really great new contest. Enjoy every page (CLICK HERE TO READ NOW!), and please share it with … well… everyone! ENJOY!!
Squash, Turkey and Zucchini SoupEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-2” cubes
- 2 zucchini, sliced into thick rounds
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley or basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 7 cups water
- 3 cups baby spinach
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and ground turkey. Break up meat into small chunks and cook until browned.
- In a slow cooker, place squash, zucchini, parsley and salt. Add the ground meat mixture with pan juices and top with water. Stir, cover, and cook on LOW for 7 hours.
- Just before serving, lift lid and stir in spinach, cover and continue to cook for 10 more minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
Leave a Reply