Crazy about pumpkins? Then let’s kick off this season with a deliciously moist loaf!
October is usually “crazy” for pumpkins. But this year, is it just me, or have we started our pumpkin obsession early?
I must admit I really love anything pumpkin. This year I’m going to try it in lots of recipes to add moisture, flavour and great colour. That means over the next six weeks, keep a lookout for Spooky Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes, Pumpkin Latte Smoothie, and Pumpkin & Chocolate Layer Cake with Whipped Brown Sugar Frosting. For now however, let’s get back to this moist and incredibly tasty Pumpkin Zucchini Loaf. This loaf has great flavour just on it’s own, not too sweet, but adding a crunchy sweet Streusel Topping really finishes it off nicely!
This loaf is really easy. Just a few simple ingredients that everyone has in their pantry… plus zucchini, which I found was still available in my local farmers market. Use it up now while you still eat local.
One more reminder about the latest issue of EatInEatOut™ Magazine … If you missed the Autumn 2015 issue, make sure you take a look, it’s packed with simple and tasty 30-minute meals to ease the back-to-school meal-time rush. Just Click HERE.
- 1 egg
- ½ cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ⅔ cup flour
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 4” x 8” loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, prepare Strudel Topping by working ingredients with your fingers until crumbly.
- In a large bowl, beat egg and pumpkin until blended well. Add zucchini.
- In another bowl, mix all remaining ingredients. Add to zucchini mixture until fully combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and top with Streusel Topping. Bake for 60 minutes. Cool on wire rack.