THE MEAL MAKER: In these burgers, the cheese goes inside the patty for burgers so delicious from the inside OUT!
It’s finally spring! Time to start thinking about cleaning up the garden, dusting off the patio furniture and of course, firing up the BBQ! If you don’t grill all year ’round, like some tough Canadians, now is the time to get back out there. Beef burgers are a great way to whip up a fast and totally delicious meal the whole family will love. There’s a big difference with these beef cheeseburgers, they’re inside out! All the yummy bacon and cheese is inside the patty, making it moist and totally irresistible.
You can’t top such an awesome beef burger with just yellow mustard or ketchup… no, not this beauty. Instead I’ve come up with TWO fresh, healthy toppings that will make your burger a nutritious family meal!
Now that all your usual toppings are tucked inside the beef burger patty, I think this baby is crying out for some fresh veggie toppings! Let’s start with option one: FRESH TOMATO SALSA – In a small bowl, mix 1 cup each of chopped red onion, celery and bell peppers. Add 2 cups chopped cherry tomatoes, 2 cloves chopped garlic, 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro and the juice of one lime. Toss to mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If you want to kick up the spice a bit, feel free to add 1-2 sliced Jalapeño peppers. In the summer, add local watermelon or cantaloupe cubes to the mix.
Not a tomato fan? Then on to option two: APPLE & FENNEL SLAW – In a small bowl, mix 2 julienned green apples, 1 julienned carrot, 1/2 cup julienned red onion, 1/2 fennel bulb (julienned), 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro or mint. Add 3 Tbsp white vinegar, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 Tbsp sugar and 2 tsp black or white sesame seeds. Toss well. This Apple & Fennel Slaw slaw gives the beef burgers an awesome crunch that compliments it really well. It’s my favourite!
Try both toppings and see which you like best. Let’s face it, no matter what you top it with the most important thing will always be the juicy grilled beef, right?
Inside Out Beef Cheeseburgers with fresh toppingsEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 lb 500 g Lean Ground Beef
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup 125 mL shredded aged Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup 50 mL diced bacon (uncooked)
- ¼ cup 50 mL EACH bread crumbs and minced onion
- 2 tbsp 30 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp 2 mL minced fresh rosemary or tarragon
- Combine beef, egg, garlic, cheese, bacon, bread crumbs, onion, Worcestershire sauce and rosemary in bowl.
- Divide meat into 6 portions. Form into 3/4 inch (2 cm) thick patties. Make thumb-print depression in centre of each patty (to prevent rounding while they grill). Make Ahead: Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- Grill over medium heat on preheated, oiled grill for 5 to 7 minutes per side, testing doneness with a digital instant read thermometer inserted sideways into centre of each patty to ensure patties are cooked to 160°F (71°C).
As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own. Are you following me on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest?
Thanks again for reading and to subscribe EatInEatOut to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, just click!
Leave a Reply