Stars are a simple symbol of Christmas.
These Lemon Glazed Candied Ginger Stars so pretty. A tasty twist on a shortbread cookie that is packed with flavor, but not too sweet.
Lemon Glazed Candied Ginger StarsEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped candied ginger
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup water
- In a bowl, whisk to combine flour, baking powder and 3/4 tsp salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add ginger and beat 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture. Beat until dough just comes together. Divide in half and shape into 2 disks. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour up to 3 days.
- Reheat oven to 350ºF. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out one disk to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out with a 2-inch star cookie cutter. Place on parchment lined baking sheets, spacing 1 inch apart. Re-roll scraps and cut into more stars. Chill 10 minutes.
- Bake rotating halfway through, until cookies are set and edges are golden, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool completely. Repeat with second disk. (Unglazed cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days).
- When ready to glaze, whisk icing sugar, zest, juice, honey and the water in a small bowl. Glaze top of cookies. Let stand until glaze is set, about 20 minutes.
Leave a Reply